MS (Civil Engineering)
The objective of this program is to produce civil engineers with essential knowledgebase and training required for understanding of advanced concepts, which are required for undertaking of complicated real problems. The master’s program allows two options to the students i.e. Masters with thesis/project. Masters with thesis is designed for students who wish to study a particular research area in greater depth. Masters with project is designed for people with a bachelor's degree in engineering (or related field), who want to enter or return to professional practice.Award of Degree
For the award of MS degree, a student must have
- Passed courses totaling at least 30 credit hours, including all those courses which have been specified as Core courses
- Obtained a CGPA of at least 2.5
- Degree in relevant subject, earned from a recognized university after 16 years of education AND
- At least 60% marks or CGPA of at least 2.0(on a scale of 4.0).
- Past Academic Record (Bachelor): 50%
- Performance in NU MS Admission Test: 50%
Note 1: Applied Programming course is of No Credit (NC), but it must be passed.
Note 2: Registration in “MS Thesis - I” is allowed provided the student has:
- Earned at least 15 credits
- Passed the “Research Methodology” course
- CGPA is equal to or more than 2.5