MS (Business Analytics)
The MS BA program aims to develop problem solving skills among the students through an in-depth understanding of business analytics. This program develops unique skills in the students to analyze, synthesize and visually present data related to numerous fields of management sciences i.e., marketing, management, HR, operations and finance. The graduates of the MS BA program will be equipped with in-demand skills and knowledge required for success in their professional careers. The program is a designed in a way that students with no background in business studies may also take admission in this program. However, depending on the undergraduate degree, student will be required to study deficiency courses.
The key learning outcomes of the MS BA program are to enable our graduates:
- To demonstrate enhanced understanding of statistical and non-statistical methodologies including regression analysis, cluster analysis, non-linear models, text analysis and prescriptive and predictive modelling, and develop skills to visually present data
- To have expertise in using various statistical software packages e.g., R, STATA, Python and SPSS.
- To exhibit effective collaboration and leadership skills.
- To have knowledge of the ethical and legal issues in data gathering, analysis and make ethically and culturally informed decisions in structured or unstructured and ambiguous situations.
- To communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences in speech, in writing and graphically.
- To critically analyze, synthesize and solve complex unstructured business problems and encourage an aptitude for business improvement, innovation and entrepreneurial action.
An MS BA program can significantly expand the graduates’ career opportunities and increase their salary-earning potential. The graduates of MS BA can find a number of pathways to choose from, such as business analytics consultants, operations analysts, people analysts, financial analysts, and market or consumer analysts.
Award of Degree
For the award of MS (Business Analytics) degree, a student must have:
- Passed courses totalling at least 34 credit hours, including all those courses which have been specified as Core courses.
- Obtained a CGPA of at least 2.50
- A degree earned from a recognized university after 16 years of education with at least 60% marks or a CGPA of at least 2.0 (on a scale of 4.0).
- Past Academic Record (Masters and/or Bachelor Degree) 50%
- Performance in NU Subject Admission Test and Interview 50%
For Business graduate
For Computing/Engineering graduate
*May be exempted for graduates with an undergraduate degree in the areas specified in the eligibility criteria.
Note 1: Registration in “MS Thesis - I” is allowed provided the student has:
- 30 credits (including exemptions)
- Passed the “Advanced Research Methods” course
- CGPA is equal to or more than 2.5