Online classes extended till May 31, 2020
Happening date 31-Mar-2020
Posted date 31-Mar-2020
The University’s management has decided the following:
- Online teaching shall continue. The remaining course can be covered till the closure of university for Eid break at the end of May 2020.
- No evaluation (exams) shall be held till end of May.
- Hopefully, the university shall open on Monday 1st June 2020.
- There shall be a three-week period (tentatively from June 1 to June 19), in which the teachers shall revise the topics covered through online teaching.
- Tentative start date of final exams of spring 2020 semester is 22nd June.
- The distribution of marks among various evaluations shall be re-visited by the teachers.
Those students who have genuine problem in continuing with online classes shall be given the option to drop the entire semester, under the following conditions:
- Application must be submitted on a prescribed form, signed by both the student and his/her guardian. (In case a student cannot print this form, he/she can reproduce that form in his/her handwriting).
- A valid reason must be stated.
- There shall be a declaration that the student understands that such an act may lead to delay in his/her graduation by a year.
- All courses registered in spring semester shall be dropped.
- The already paid fee shall be adjusted against course registrations in future semesters.
- Semester Freeze fee shall not be charged.
- Student’s request to drop the spring 2020 semester shall not be implemented until the start of final exams of spring 2020 semester.
- During the months of April and May, the teachers shall keep their students engaged through homework, projects or assignments.
- Attendance requirements shall be relaxed for the spring-2020 semester. Students shall not be barred from taking the final examination, for not attending online classes.