Department of Sciences & Humanities
Dr. Khusro Mian has been serving as Associate Professor (Mathematics) and HOD in the Department of Science & Humanities since July 2018. He joined FAST-NUCES in July 2014 as Assistant Professor (Mathematics) and HOD. The courses that he taught are closely associated with the field of Natural Sciences and Mathematics also cover both theoretical and practical aspects of the field. He has been teaching Operation Research, Physics, Research Method, Numerical Method, Probability and Statistics, Complex Variables and Transformation, Calculus and many other courses at both undergraduate and graduate level.
Apart from teaching, Dr. Khusro Mian has proved himself in the field of research and development. He has published more than 15 research publications in well-reputed International Journals (journals with high impact factor) and International Conferences. He has also published Book in Germany. He visited around the globe to present his research work in many different International Conferences held at various parts of the world.
He has proved to be an excellent candidate throughout the period of his stay at FAST-NUCES Karachi. Besides being a teacher and researcher, he also fulfilled his duties as part of the academic administration. He is currently a member of the Academic Council as well as a member of the Board of Studies – Science &Humanities.
As part of job, Dr. Khusro Mian has also advised and mentored graduate and undergraduate students in their various curriculum and non-curriculum-based projects. Mentoring includes building their confidence level, helping them to unleash their potential in preparing their technical work, drafting that in the report format, and presenting them in a very effective manner in front of large audience.
- Book titled “The Standard Model of Astrophysics” published by LAMBERT Academic Publishing Germany. Vol. I, 2015. ISBN: 978-3-659-40652-2.
- WAVELET CHARACTERIZATION OF DISCONTINUITIES IN ASTROPHYSICAL SIGNALS Proc. 14th International Conference on Statistical Sciences Karachi, Pakistan March 14-16, 2016, Vol. 29, pp. 311-322
- Mathematical Modeling of the Effects of Turbulence on Satellite over the Ionospher of Pakistan Air Space, FAST-NU Research Journal (FRJ), Volume 1, Issue 2, July 2015. ISSN: 2313-7045
- Comparison of Wavelet Characterization of Computed Perturbed and Un-perturbed Parcel Velocities of F2 Layer, Proceeding of the Pakistan Academy of Sciences 50(1): 71-76 (2013), ISSN: 0377-2969 print / 2306-1448 online.
- Study Ionospheric Plasma Turbulence for Pakistan Air Space, Proceeding of Journal of Information & Communication Technology. Vol. 6, No. 1, (Spring 2012) 08-12.
- Wavelet Characterization of Parametric Turbulence in the Ionospheric Region at Pakistan Air Space, Proceeding of the Pakistan Academy of Sciences. 49(4):295-300 (2012), ISSN: 0377-2969 print / 2306-1448 online.
- Investigating the Fluctuating Dynamics of Refractive Index of Ionospheric layer at Pakistan Region, Proceeding of Journal of Information & Communication Technology. Vol. 6, No. 2, (Fall 2012) 40-47.
- Seasonal Variability in Virtual Height of Ionospheric F2 Layer at Pakistan Atmospheric Region Proceeding of the Pakistan Academy of Sciences 50(2): 151-158 (2013), ISSN: 0377-2969 print / 2306-1448 online.
- Statistical Analysis of Cloud Cover at Pakistan Coastal Region. Proceeding of the Pakistan Academy of Sciences 50(4); 327-333 (2013), ISSN: 0377-2969 print / 2306-1448 online.
- Outpost Communication Signal Reduction due to Ionospheric Plasma Turbulence, European Academic Research, Vol. III, Issue 1/ April 2015, pp-368-376, ISSN: 2286-4822.
- Study Heftiness in the Astrophysical Turbulence at Pakistan Air Space, Vol. II, Issue 12/ March 2015, pp-15697-15708, ISSN: 2286-4822.
- Computation and modeling of Ionospheric plasma pressure for F2 layer at Pakistan air space. Journal of Physics: Conference Series 439 (2013) 012052, IOP Publishing.
- Study Stochastic Preview of the Computed Parcel Velocity of Layers of Ionosphere (F2 and Es) At Pakistan Air Space, RAST 2011, Istanbul, Turkey June 9-11 2011, pp. 612-615. ISBN: 978-1-4244-9617-4, (978-1-4244-9616-7/11/$26.00 @2011 IEEE).
- INVESTIGATE THE VARIATIONS OF THE IONOSPHERIC PLASMA TURBULENCE SIGNAL AT PAKISTAN AIR SPACE (manuscript has been successfully submitted to “Advances in Astronomy”)
- Mathematical Modeling of Heat Stroke at Pakistan Atmospheric Environment (under progress)
Journals and Conferences:
- Quantifying the Effects of Turbulent Atmosphere on Small Satellites at Pakistan Ionospheric Environment, Proc. ICCS-2011, Lahore, Pakistan Dec 19-22, 2011, Vol. 21, pp 269-276, ISBN 978-969-8858-09-4.
- Distinguishing Astrophysical Signals Using Wavelet Technique, Proc. ICCS-2012, Doha, Qatar December 19-22, 2012, Vol. 23, pp. 529-534.
- Ph.D(Space & Planetary Astrophysic), University of Karachi, Pakistan (2014)
- M.Sc(Maths), University of Karachi, Pakistan (1996)
- B.Sc(Maths), University of Karachi, Pakistan (1991)