Department of Computer Science
Usman Habib is currently serving as Assistant Professor & Coordinator graduate program committee at the department of computer science, FAST National University of Computers & Emerging Sciences (NUCES), Peshawar campus. Before joining FAST-NUCES, he has also served as an Assistant Professor at COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Abbottabad, Pakistan. Along with teaching and research, he has also worked and successfully completed different industrial projects, such as project “eXtract” funded by the Austrian Funding Agency, under the funding programme e!MISSION. Dr. Usman has been actively involved in research as well, and has authored several conference and journal publications. He was also a member of organizing committee of a international conference, Frontiers of Information Technology (FIT) for several years (FIT’2006, FIT’2007, FIT’2010, FIT’2011, FIT’2012).
He has completed his PhD at ICT department, Technical university of Vienna, Austria, and was actively involved in research on the topic of automated fault detection and diagnosis in buildings data. His PhD was fully funded by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) Pakistan. The research was carried out in collaboration with AIT Austrian Institute of Technology, Vienna. His main interests are in the fields of machine learning and data analytics.
He has obtained his Master’s degree from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, (NTNU), Norway in the year 2008, funded by Higher Education Commission of Pakistan. He has completed his research thesis under the supervision of Dr. Do Van Thanh (Senior Scientist at Telenor R&I, Oslo, Norway), in collaboration with Telenor R&I and Ubisafe Norway. He has done his Bachelors in Computer Science from COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Pakistan and obtained campus gold medal for the session Spring 2006.
- U. Habib, K. Hayat, G. Zucker, "Complex building's energy system operation patterns analysis using bag of words representation with hierarchical clustering," Complex Adapt. Syst. Model., vol. 4, no.8, pp.1-20, Feb. 2016.
- G. Zucker, U. Habib, M. Blöchle, F. Judex, and T. Leber, “Sanitation and Analysis of Operation Data in Energy Systems,” Energies, vol. 8, no. 11, pp. 12776–12794, Nov. 2015.
- U. Habib, I. Jørstad, D. V. Thanh, K. Hayat, and I. A. Khan, “A Framework for Secure Linux Based Authentication in Enterprises via Mobile Phone,” J. Basic Appl. Sci. Res., vol. 1, no. 1(12), pp. 3058–3066, 2011.
- S. Khan and U. Habib, “Procedural Justice & Organizational Performance,” Abasyn J. Soc. Sci., vol. 4, no. 7, pp. 36–51, 2011.
- U. Habib and G. Zucker, “Automatic occupancy prediction using unsupervised learning in buildings data,” in 2017 IEEE 26th International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISIE), 2017, pp. 1471–1476.
- S. Khan, M. Shahzad, U. Habib, W. Gawlik, P. Palensky, “Stochastic Battery Model for Aggregation of Thermostatically Controlled Loads,” in 2016 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT2016), 14-17 March, 2016.
- U. Habib and G. Zucker, “Finding the Different Patterns in Buildings Data Using Bag of Words Representation with Clustering,” in 2015 13th International Conference on Frontiers of Information Technology (FIT), 2015, pp. 303-308.
- U. Habib, G. Zucker, M. Blochle, F. Judex, and J. Haase, "Outliers detection method using clustering in buildings data," in IECON 2015 - 41st Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, 2015, pp. 000694-000700.
- G. Zucker, U. Habib, M. Blochle, A. Wendt, S. Schaat, and L. C. Siafara, “Building energy management and data analytics,” in 2015 International Symposium on Smart Electric Distribution Systems and Technologies (EDST), 2015, pp. 462–467.
- G. Zucker, J. Malinao, U. Habib, T. Leber, A. Preisler, and F. Judex, “Improving energy efficiency of buildings using data mining technologies,” in 2014 IEEE 23rd International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISIE), 2014, (PP) 2664-2669.
- M. A. T. Khalil, P. D. D. Dominic, H. Kazemian, and U. Habib, “A Study to Examine If Integration of Technology Acceptance Model’s (TAM) Features Help in Building a Hybrid Digital Business Ecosystem Framework for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs),” in Frontiers of Information Technology (FIT), 2011, pp. 161-166.
- Ph.D(Eng. Sci), Technische Univesitat Wien, Vienna, Austria (2016)
- M.S(TE), Norwegian University of Science & Technology, Norway (2010)
- B.S(CS), COMSATS, Abbotabad, Pakistan (2006)