Department of Electrical Engineering
Dr. Waqas Bin Abbas
Waqas Bin Abbas received the bachelor’s degree and the master’s degree with a focus on underwater wireless communication from the National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences (NUCES), Islamabad, Pakistan, in 2008 and 2012, respectively, and the Ph.D. degree in information engineering with a focus on energy efficiency in 5G wireless networks from the University of Padova, Italy, in 2017. He is currently an Assistant Professor with NUCES. His current research interests include energy efficiency in 5G millimeter wave cellular networks, MIMO communication, and multi-hop wireless networks.
- Waqas bin Abbas, Niaz Ahmed, Chaudhry Usama, and Affan A. Syed. 2015. Design and evaluation of a low-cost, DIY-inspired, underwater platform to promote experimental research in UWSN. Ad Hoc Netw. 34, C (November 2015), 239-251.
- W. B. Abbas, P. Casari and M. Zorzi, "Controlled Flooding of Fountain Codes," in IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 4698-4710, July 2017
- W. B. Abbas, F. Gomez-Cuba and M. Zorzi, "Millimeter Wave Receiver Efficiency: A Comprehensive Comparison of Beamforming Schemes With Low Resolution ADCs," in IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 16, no. 12, pp. 8131-8146, Dec. 2017.
- Niaz Ahmed, Waqas bin Abbas, and Affan A. Syed. 2012. A low-cost and flexible underwater platform to promote experiments in UWSN research. In Proceedings of the Seventh ACM International Conference on Underwater Networks and Systems (WUWNet '12). ACM, New York, NY, USA, , Article 4 , 8 pages.
- P. Casari, W. bin Abbas and M. Zorzi, "On the number of transmissions vs. redundancy tradeoff for flooded fountain codes," 2014 IEEE 19th International Workshop on Computer Aided Modeling and Design of Communication Links and Networks (CAMAD), Athens, 2014, pp. 46-50.
- W. B. Abbas and M. Zorzi, "Context information based initial cell search for millimeter wave 5G cellular networks," 2016 European Conference on Networks and Communications (EuCNC), Athens, 2016, pp. 111-116.
- W. B. Abbas and M. Zorzi, "Towards an Appropriate Receiver Beamforming Scheme for Millimeter Wave Communication: A Power Consumption Based Comparison," European Wireless 2016; 22th European Wireless Conference, Oulu, Finland, 2016, pp. 1-6
- W. b. Abbas, F. Gomez-Cuba and M. Zorzi, "Bit allocation for increased power efficiency in 5G receivers with variable-resolution ADCs," 2017 Information Theory and Applications Workshop (ITA), San Diego, CA, 2017, pp. 1-7.
- W. B. Abbas, F. Gomez-Cuba and M. Zorzi, "Millimeter Wave Receiver Comparison Under Energy vs Spectral Efficiency Trade-off," European Wireless 2017; 23th European Wireless Conference, Dresden, Germany, 2017, pp. 1-7.
- PhD , University of Padova, Italy (2017)
- MS(EE), NUCES, Islamabad, Pakistan (2012)
- BS(TE), NUCES, Islamabad, Pakistan (2008)