Master of Business Administration
Master of Business Administration (MBA) program is offered to those who have already completed the 4-year BBA program. This MBA program further hone the skills of BBA graduates by focusing on more strategic, specialized and advanced courses across functional areas of business. Additionally, this intellectually-stimulating program is designed with a view to 'researching' local & regional management phenomena rather than merely 'studying' them. Students are taught decision-making skills through qualitative and quantitative analysis and are expected to offer vibrancy to corporate culture. It is intended to produce managers and business administrators to face multi-dimensional and complex real-life business problems and provide effective and efficient solutions to such problems.Award of Degree
For the award of MBA degree, a student must have:
- Passed courses totaling at least 30 credit hours, including all those courses which have been specified as Core courses
- Obtained a CGPA of at least 2.5
- BBA or an equivalent degree from a recognized university received after 16 years of education AND
- At least 60% marks or CGPA of at least 2.0 (on a scale of 4.0).
- Graduates of BS (Accounting and Finance) are eligible for admission in MBA programs; provided they have studied at least two courses in each of the following two streams (Marketing and Management).
- Past Academic Record (Bachelor): 40%
- Performance in NU Subject Admission Test: 60%
Note: Registration in “Dissertation / Project-I” is allowed provided the student has earned at least 12 credit hours, and his/her CGPA is equal to or greater than the graduating CGPA (2.5).
Additional features of the MBA - Evening program (Offered at Islamabad Campus only)
- Classes will held from 6-9 p.m. Some classes may be arranged on Saturdays.
- Individuals can choose to register for limited courses in the evening program. A minimum of two courses per semester is strongly recommended for the regular semesters.
- Work experience of approx. two years is recommended for the evening program.
- The maximum duration for the MBA program is four years.