Department of Computer Science
Dr. Ali Afzal Malik has been working in the Department of Computer Science of FAST-NUCES, Lahore since July 2013. He started his professional career in 2003 as a software engineer in Techlogix – a well-reputed Pakistani software house. After receiving the prestigious Fulbright scholarship in 2005, he obtained MS and PhD degrees in Computer Science from the University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles, USA in 2007 and 2010, respectively. He was awarded the Office of International Services (OIS) Academic Achievement Award twice (2007 & 2010) during his stay at USC. His research paper on the quantitative aspects of requirements elaboration was given the best paper award in SBES 2008 (Sao Paulo, Brazil). Before joining FAST-NUCES, Dr. Malik has held an adjunct faculty position at the Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) and a full-time faculty position at the University of Central Punjab (UCP). He has undertaken research in software cost estimation at two of the world’s leading research centers in software engineering i.e. USC’s Center for Systems and Software Engineering (CSSE) and Institute of Software, Chinese Academy of Sciences (ISCAS). His current research work focuses on areas such as empirical software engineering and software cost estimation. Dr. Malik has coauthored around 20 conference and journal papers and supervised 1 PhD dissertation and around a dozen MS theses.
- Nosheen Sabahat, Ali Afzal Malik, and Farooque Azam, “A Size Estimation Model for Board-Based Desktop Games”, IEEE Access, Volume 5, Issue 1, December 2017
- Ali Afzal Malik and Barry Boehm, “Quantifying Requirements Elaboration to Improve Early Software Cost Estimation”, Information Sciences, Volume 181, Issue 13, July 2011
- PhD(Computer Science), University of Southern, California, United States (2010)
- M.S(Software Engineering), University of Southern, California, United States (2007)
- BS (Hons)(Computer Science), LUMS, Pakistan (2003)