Department of Electrical Engineering
Dr. Salman KHAN received his B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering in 2010 from North West Frontier Province University of Engineering and Technology (Peshawar, Pakistan). He received an M.S. (Highest Distinction) in Electronic Engineering in 2013 from Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Engineering Sciences and Technology (Topi-Swabi, Pakistan). At the latter university, he was a Graduate Assistant in 2011-2013, then a Research Associate in 2013-2015. He received a Ph.D. in Electronic and Information Engineering in 2018 from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (Hong Kong). Currently He is working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering, National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences (Peshawar, Pakistan).
His current research interests include antenna electromagnetics and antenna-array signal processing.
- S. Khan, JournalsK. T. Wong, Y. Song, and W.-Y. TAM, “Electrically large circular loops in the estimation of an incident emitter’s direction-of-arrival or polarization”, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 66, no. 6, pp. 3046-3055, June 2018.
- K. T. Wong, Y. Song, C. J. Fulton, S. Khan, and W. Y. Tam, “Electrically “long” dipoles in a collocated/orthogonal triad – for direction finding and polarization estimation,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 65, no. 11, pp. 6057-6067, Nov. 2017.
- S. Khan and M. J. Mughal, “General solution for TEM, TE, and TM waves in fractional dimensional space and its application in rectangular waveguide filled with fractional space,” Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, vol. 27, no. 18, pp. 2298–2307, 2013.
- S. Khan, A. Noor, and M. J. Mughal, “General solution for waveguide modes in fractional space,” Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, vol. 33, pp. 105–120, 2013.
In Conference Proceedings:
- Y. Song, K. Wong, S. Khan, and M. Khan, “Azimuth-elevation direction finding, using three uni-axial velocity sensors as an arbitrarily sparse linear array”, presented at 175th meeting of the Acoustical Society of America, May 2018, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA.
Thesis and Reports:
- S. Khan, Direction Finding and Polarization Estimation, Using Electrically Long Dipoles or Electrically Large loops, Ph.D. Thesis at the Department of Electronic & Information Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong, 2018.
- S. Khan, Characterization of Electromagnetic Waves in Fractional Space. Master’s Thesis at the Department of Electrical Engineering, G. I. K. Institute of Engineering Sciences & Technology, Pakistan, 2013.
- Ph.D(Electronic Engineering), The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, China (2018)
- MS(Electronic Engineering), G. I. K. Institute of Engineering Sciences & Technology, Pakistan (2013)