Department of Electrical Engineering
Dr. Fiaz Ahmad
Field of Interest
- State estimation in Power systems
- Electric distribution system automation
- Smart grids
- Control of Power converters
- Motion control systems
- Kalman Filters
- Extended and Unscented Kalman filters
- Photo Voltaic and Doubly-fed induction generator modeling
- Fiaz Ahmad, Akhtar Rasool, Emre Ozsoy, Asif Sabanovic, Meltem Elitas, A Robust Cascaded Controller for DC-DC Boost and Cuk converters, World Journal of Engineering DOI:https://doi.org/10.1108/WJE-10-2016-0118
- Fiaz Ahmad, Akhtar Rasool, Emre Ozsoy, Asif Sabanovic, Meltem Elitas, A Successive-Over- Relaxation based recursive Bayesian National University approach for power system configuration identification, The International Journal for Computation and Mathematics in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, 2017, Vol 36, issue 4. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/COMPEL-10-2016-0462.
- Fiaz Ahmad, M.A.Kabir, Akhtar Rasool, Emre Ozsoy, Asif Sabanovic, Meltem Elitas, An Improved Unscented Kalman Filter based Dynamic State Estimation Algorithm for Electric Distribution Systems, The International Journal for Computation and Mathematics in Electrical and Electronic Engineering , 2017, Vol 36, issue 4. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/COMPEL-12-2016-0586.
- Fiaz Ahmad, M.A.Kabir, Akhtar Rasool, Emre Ozsoy, Asif Sabanovic, Meltem Elitas, Performance comparison of static and dynamic state estimators for Electric Distribution Systems, International Journal of Emerging Electric Power systems DOI: https://doi.org/10.1515/ijeeps-2016-0299.
- Fiaz Ahmad, Akhtar Rasool, Emre Ozsoy, Rajasekar, Asif Sabanovic, Meltem Elitas, Distribution system state estimation-A step towards Smart Grids, Elsevier Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2017.06.071.
- Akhtar Rasool, Emre Ozsoy, Fiaz Ahmad, Asif Sabanovic, P.Sanjeevikumar, Disturbance-Observer based Control of Voltage-Source-Converter under Unbalanced Voltage Conditions, World Journal of Engineering (Accepted)
- Emre ozsoy, P. Sanjeevikumar,Viliam Fedak, Akhtar Rasool, Fiaz Ahmad, Asif Sabanovic, Control Strategy for a Grid-Connected Inverter under Unbalanced Network Conditions—A Disturbance Observer-Based Decoupled Current Approach, Energies Journal DOI: http://www.mdpi.com/1996-1073/10/7/1067/pdf
- Emre ozsoy, Burak Soner, Fiaz Ahmad, Akhtar Rasool, Asif Sabanovic, Metin Gokasan, Seta Bogosyan, Disturbance Observer Based Power Control of DFIG Under Unbalanced Network Conditions, Electric Power Components and systems (Revision submitted)
- Emre ozsoy,P. Sanjeevikumar, Pierliugi Siano, Fiaz Ahmad, Akhtar Rasool, Asif Sabanovic, Vincenzo Loia, Second order generalized integrator estimator for Power Grid, International Journal of Electronics (Under Review)
- Fiaz Ahmad, Akhtar Rasool, Emre ozsoy, Asif Sabanovic, “Design of a robust cascade controller for Cuk converter”, IEEE 18th international conference on power electronics and motion control (PEMC), September 2016 at Varna, Bulgaria. DOI:10.1109/EPEPEMC.2016.7751978.
- Akhtar Rasool, Fiaz Ahmad, Asif Sabanovic, Voltage Source Converter Control under Unbalanced Grid Voltage Conditions, 26th International Conference on Information, Communication and Automation Technologies (ICAT 2017) (Accepted)
- Fiaz Ahmad, Waqas A. Imtiaz, Namoos Khan, Azzam Ul Asar, “ Role of Energy Storage Systems in Integrating Wind Power to Grids”, PMAS National Science Conference: Roadmap of cutting edge technologies, 2012 Islamabad Pakistan.
- Fiaz Ahmad, Azzam ul Asar, “Wind Integrated Compressed Air Energy Storage in Pakistan”, International Symposium on Energy, October 6, 2012 Peshawar Pakistan.
- Anees Ur Rehman, Fiaz Ahmad, Absorption properties and I-V Characterization of Dye Sensitized Solar Cell Using Ruthenium, 2nd International Multidisciplinary conference towards better Pakistan September, 24 & 25, 2012 Peshawar, Pakistan.
- Ph.D, City University of London, England (2016)
- M.Sc(Electrical Engineering), University of Engineering and Technology Peshawar, Pakistan (2012)
- B.Sc(Electrical Engineering), University of Engineering and Technology Peshawar, Pakistan (2008)