Department of Computer Science
Dr. Zulfiqar Ali Memon has been serving as Professor in the Department of Computer Science since January 2018. He joined FAST-NUCES in August 2016 as Associate Professor. The courses that he taught are closely associated with the field of Computer Science and cover both theoretical and practical aspects of the field. He has been teaching Advanced Operating Systems, Advanced Computer Architecture, Web Programming, Data Warehousing and many other courses at both undergraduate and graduate level.
Apart from teaching, Dr. Zulfiqar has proved himself in the field of research and development. He has published more than 35 research publications in well-reputed International Journals (journals with high impact factor) and International Conferences. He visited around the globe to present his research work in many different International Conferences held at various parts of the world.
He has proved to be an excellent candidate throughout the period of his stay at FAST-NUCES Karachi. Besides being a teacher and researcher, he also fulfilled his duties as part of the academic administration. He is currently a member of the Academic Council as well as a member of the Board of Studies – Computing.
As part of job, Dr. Zulfiqar has also advised and mentored graduate and undergraduate students in their various curriculum and non-curriculum based projects. Mentoring includes building their confidence level, helping them to unleash their potential in preparing their technical work, drafting that in the report format, and presenting them in a very effective manner in front of large audience.
- Bosse, T., Duell, R. Memon, Z.A., Treur, J., Wal, C.N. van der, Computational Model-Based Design of Leadership Support Based on Situational Leadership Theory. Simulation: Transactions of the Society for Modeling and Simulation International, vol. 93(7), 2017, pp. 605-617. [Impact Factor: 0.713]
- Bosse, T., Duell, R., Memon, Z.A., Treur, J., and Wal, C.N. van der, Agent-Based Modelling of Emotion Contagion in Groups. Cognitive Computation Journal, vol. 7, Issue 1, 2015, pp. 111-136. [Impact Factor: 3.441]
- Hoogendoorn, M., Klein, M.C.A., Memon, Z.A., Treur, J., Formal Specification and Analysis of Intelligent Agents for Model-Based Medicine Usage Management. Computers in Biology and Medicine, vol. 43, Issue 5, 2013, pp. 444-457. [Impact Factor: 1.836]
- Bosse, T., Memon, Z.A., and Treur, J., A Cognitive and Neural Model for Adaptive Emotion Reading by Mirroring Preparation States and Hebbian Learning. Cognitive Systems Research Journal, vol. 12, Issue. 1, 2012, pp. 39-58. [Impact Factor: 1.182]
- Bosse, T., Hoogendoorn, M., Memon, Z.A., Treur, J., and Umair, M., A Computational Model for Dynamics of Desiring and Feeling. Cognitive Systems Research Journal, vol. 19, 2012, pp. 39-61. [Impact Factor: 1.182]
- Bosse, T., Memon, Z.A., and Treur, J., A Recursive BDI-Agent Model for Theory of Mind and its Applications. Applied Artificial Intelligence Journal, vol. 25, Issue. 1, 2011, pp. 1-44. [Impact Factor: 0.652]
- Bosse, T., Memon, Z.A., Oorburg, R., Treur, J., Umair, M., and Vos, M. de, A Software Environment for an Adaptive Human-Aware Software Agent Supporting Attention-Demanding Tasks. International Journal on Artificial Intelligence Tools, 2011, vol. 20, Issue. 5, 2011, pp. 819-846. [Impact Factor: 0.778]
- Memon, Z.A, Designing human-awareness for ambient agents: A human mindreading perspective. Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments, vol. 2, Issue. 4, 2010, pp. 439-440. [Impact Factor: 0.809]
- Memon, Z.A., and Treur, J., On the Reciprocal Interaction Between Believing and Feeling: an Adaptive Agent Modelling Perspective. Cognitive Neurodynamics Journal, vol. 4, Issue. 4, 2010, pp. 377-394. [Impact Factor: 1.828]
- Ubaidullah alias Kashif¸Zulfiqar A. Memon, et. al, Architectural Design of Trusted Platform for IaaS Cloud Computing, International Journal of Cloud Applications and Computing (IJCAC), vol. 8, issue 2, 2018. pp. 47-65. [ISI-Indexed]
- Kashif Laeeq, Zulfiqar A. Memon, Jamshed Memon, The SNS-based e-learning model to provide smart solution for e-learning, International Journal of Educational Research and Innovation (IJERI), vol. 10, 2018. In Press. [ISI-Indexed]
- Fahad Samad, Asad Abbasi, Zulfiqar A. Memon, et. al, The Future of Internet: IPv6 Fulfilling the Routing Needs in Internet of Things, International Journal of Future Generation Communication and Networking (IJFGCN), vol. 11, Issue 1, 2018, pp. 13-22. [ISI-Indexed]
- Zulfiqar A. Memon, Fahad Samad, et. al, CPU-GPU Processing, International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, vol. 17, No. 9, 2017, pp. 188-193. [ISI-Indexed]
- Fahad Samad, Zulfiqar A. Memon, A New Design of In-Memory File System based on File Virtual Address Framework, International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, vol. 8, No. 9, 2017, pp. 233-237. [ISI-Indexed]
- Zulfiqar A. Memon, Javed Ahmed, Jawaid A. Siddiqi, CloneCloud in Mobile Cloud Computing, International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, vol. 17, No. 8, 2017, pp. 28-34. [ISI-Indexed]
- Asad Abbasi, Zulfiqar A. Memon, Jamshed, M., Tahir Q. Syed, Rabah A., Addressing the Future Data Management Challenges in IOT: A Proposed Framework, International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, vol. 8, No. 5, 2017, pp. 197-207. [ISI-Indexed]
- Waheed-ur-Rehman, Asadullah Laghari, Zulfiqar Memon, Exploiting Smart Phone Accelerometer as a Personal Identification Mechanism, Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering & Technology, Issue S1, Vol. 34, August 2015, pp. 21-26. [X-category]
- Memon, Z.A., and Treur, J., An Agent Model for Cognitive and Affective Empathic Understanding of Other Agents. Transactions on Computational Collective Intelligence (TCCI), vol. 6, 2012, pp. 56-83. [Book Chapter]
- Duell, R., Memon, Z.A., Treur, J., and Wal, C.N. van der, Ambient Support for Group Emotion: An Agent-Based Model. Agents and Ambient Intelligence, Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments, vol. 12, IOS Press, 2012, pp. 261 - 287. [Book Chapter]
- Hoogendoorn, M., Memon, Z.A., Treur, J., and Umair, M., A Model-Based Ambient Agent Providing Support in Handling Desire and Temptation. Advances in Intelligent and Soft Computing, vol. 71, 2010, pp. 461-475. [Book Chapter]
- Ph.D, Vrije University, Amsterdam, Netherlands (2010)
- M.Sc, University of Sindh, Pakistan (2000)
- B.Sc(Hons), University of Sindh, Pakistan (1999)