Department of Computer Science
Dr. Zulfiqar Ali Memon has been serving as an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science since August 2016. The courses that he taught are closely associated with the field of Computer Science and cover both theoretical and practical aspects of the field. He has been teaching Advanced Operating Systems, Advanced Computer Architecture, Web Programming, Data Warehousing and many other courses at both undergraduate and graduate level
Apart from teaching, Dr. Zulfiqar has proved himself in the field of research and development. He has published more than 35 research publications in well-reputed International Journals (journals with high impact factor) and International Conferences. He visited around the globe to present his research work in many different International Conferences held at various parts of the world.
He has proved to be an excellent candidate throughout the period of his stay at FAST-NUCES Karachi. Besides being a teacher and researcher, he also fulfilled his duties as part of the academic administration. He is currently a member of the Academic Council as well as a member of the Board of Studies – Computing.
As part of job, Dr. Zulfiqar has also advised and mentored graduate and undergraduate students in their various curriculum and non-curriculum based projects. Mentoring includes building their confidence level, helping them to unleash their potential in preparing their technical work, drafting that in the report format, and presenting them in a very effective manner in front of large audience.Publications
- Asad Abbasi, Zulfiqar A. Memon, Jamshed, M., Tahir Q. Syed, Rabah A., Addressing the Future Data Management Challenges in IOT: A Proposed Framework, International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications (IJACSA), vol. 8, No. 5, 2017, pp. 197-207.
- Bosse, T., Duell, R. Memon, Z.A., Treur, J., Wal, C.N. van der, Computational Model-Based Design of Leadership Support Based on Situational Leadership Theory. Simulation: Transactions of the Society for Modeling and Simulation International, 2017, to appear.
- Rakhi Batra, Zulfiqar A. Memon, Effect of Icon Concreteness, Semantic Distance and Familiarity on recognition level of mobile phone icons among E-literate and Non E-literates, International Journal of Web Applications, vol. 8, No. 2, 2016, pp. 55-64.
- Waheed-ur-Rehman, Asadullah Laghari, Zulfiqar Memon, Exploiting Smart Phone Accelerometer as a Personal Identification Mechanism, Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering & Technology, Issue S1, Vol. 34, August 2015, pp. 21-26.
- Bosse, T., Duell, R., Memon, Z.A., Treur, J., and Wal, C.N. van der, Agent-Based Modelling of Emotion Contagion in Groups. Cognitive Computation Journal, vol. 7, Issue 1, 2015, pp. 111-136.
- Fakiha Shamsi, Zulfiqar A. Memon, Soomrani, A. R., Khand Qamar, Comparative Study of different computational systems for analysis of DNA and Protein Sequences. International Journal of Bioscience, Biochemistry, and Bioinformatics, Issue 2, Vol. 4, 2014, pp. 86-89.
- Hoogendoorn, M., Klein, M.C.A., Memon, Z.A., Treur, J., Formal Specification and Analysis of Intelligent Agents for Model-Based Medicine Usage Management. Computers in Biology and Medicine, vol. 43, Issue 5, 2013, pp. 444-457.
- Bosse, T., Memon, Z.A., and Treur, J., A Cognitive and Neural Model for Adaptive Emotion Reading by Mirroring Preparation States and Hebbian Learning. Cognitive Systems Research Journal, vol. 12, Issue. 1, 2012, pp. 39-58.
- Bosse, T., Hoogendoorn, M., Memon, Z.A., Treur, J., and Umair, M., A Computational Model for Dynamics of Desiring and Feeling. Cognitive Systems Research Journal, vol. 19, 2012, pp. 39-61.
- Duell, R., Memon, Z.A., Treur, J., and Wal, C.N. van der, Ambient Support for Group Emotion: An Agent-Based Model. Agents and Ambient Intelligence, vol. 12, IOS Press, 2012, pp. 261 - 287.
- Bosse, T., Memon, Z.A., and Treur, J., A Recursive BDI-Agent Model for Theory of Mind and its Applications. Applied Artificial Intelligence Journal, vol. 25, Issue. 1, 2011, pp. 1-44.
- Bosse, T., Memon, Z.A., Oorburg, R., Treur, J., Umair, M., and Vos, M. de, A Software Environment for an Adaptive Human-Aware Software Agent Supporting Attention-Demanding Tasks. International Journal on Artificial Intelligence Tools, 2011, vol. 20, Issue. 5, 2011, pp. 819-846.
- Memon, Z.A, Designing human-awareness for ambient agents: A human mindreading perspective. Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments, vol. 2, Issue. 4, 2010, pp. 439-440.
- Memon, Z.A., and Treur, J., On the Reciprocal Interaction Between Believing and Feeling: an Adaptive Agent Modelling Perspective. Cognitive Neurodynamics Journal, vol. 4, Issue. 4, 2010, pp. 377-394.
- Ph.D, Vrije University, Amsterdam, Netherlands (2010)
- M.Sc, University of Sindh, Pakistan (2000)
- B.Sc(Hons), University of Sindh, Pakistan (1999)